Quarry Mining & Construction Equipment is the designer, manufacturer and supplier of the Alminco Mantis (Mantis).
- OEM – Quarry Mining & Construction Equipment is the OEM of Alminco products.
- Australian Designed and Manufactured at Quarry Mining’s Beresfield facility.
- Robust Design – Produced with high quality materials designed for the mining and construction industries.
- Service – Full parts list and back-up service and repairs available from the OEM.
- Documentation – A comprehensive plant safety file is available including reports and training documents.
- Support – For more information or a demonstration, contact your Quarry Mining Technical Representative.
FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: The Mantis is portable pneumatic plant used to temporarily lift and retain mesh against the roof/backs, ribs/face/sidewall or act as a sprag between two fixed surfaces to improve safety and efficiency of operations.
MODELS: The standard model has a three-stage air leg, Mantis head plate and fixed foot. Optional features are a dynamic foot and extended head.
DESIGN FEATURES: Light weight and robust. Structural plant components are made from steel and a filament wound Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) material air leg (proven in the Alminco roof bolter). Design features are a bottom sealing plate assembly with over pressure relief, rigid steel foot spike, leg tube assembly pressure tested to FOS of 3:1, top leg clamp controller assembly with simple control lever, FRAS hose (suitable for underground coal), four-pronged/spiked Mantis head and non-dumping check valve safety feature.